How am I losing weight?!

Ok so like I said in my last post, I wanted to blog about my weight loss progress.  So before I get into what I've done let me tell you were I would like to be.  I don't have an actual weight in mind but I would like to be in the range for someone my height which is 5', yes I'm short hehe.  The weight range I was told was 95lbs-120lbs.  95lbs would make me look like a crackhead with a fat head lol.  I'm hoping for maybe 120-125, that sounds healthy to me and not make me look like a 12 year old.

I have been more focused on measurements and dress size.  I always tell people that I could have the weight of a small Neutron Star as long as I fit into a size 6!  Did you notice that, it just got really nerdy in here!  I have done a bit of research and found that a size 6's measurements fall somewhere around 33-35in bust, 25-27in waist, and 34-36 hips.  These measurements would make me a very happy camper.

So I bet you are thinking, "Well D what are your measurement?".  Well my measures are XX-XX-XX!  I'm just kidding, really my measurements are 39-34-44.  They use to be 42-37-48 only a couple of months ago before I really committed to changing my life so there has been change :)

Now what do I do to loose weight?

1.  I stopped drinking soda.  (I know I thought it didn't made a difference but apparently it does)
2.  I started eating breakfast. (Before I started I never ate breakfast but now I eat Trader Joe's Maple & Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal.  A minute and half in the microwave and it's done! It's really good.)
Taken from Serious Eats  http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/03/taste-test-instant-oatmeal-maple-brown-sugar.html

3.  I take my own lunch to work.  (No vending machine or fast food junk for me.  I cook dinner at night and then just take the left overs to work the next day in a small serving size container. Also when I say serving size, I mean the real size not the size we are probably use to that could really feed 2-3 people)
4.  If I snack, I eat fruits or celery.  (I try to eat junk food very sparingly.  I love bananas and raspberries.  Also, even though this sounds weird, I like to put frozen raspberries and celery sticks into a baggy and let them sit.  As the raspberries thaw the juice melts and gets fused into the celery making the it taste a little sweet!)
5.  I changed how I cooked my meals.  (Ok I'm going to honest here, I couldn't really cook at all until I bought a cook book. I don't fry my foods, I steam my veggies, and substituted a lot of foods such as having mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes.
6.  I tried exercising at home by YouTube.  (You would be surprised how many fitness videos are on Youtube.  I personally like BodyRockTv and Tone It Up.)
7.  I play tennis 2- 3 times a week for 2-4 hours  (I only started playing tennis about 2 months ago and it's really fun!)

So that's what I do, there is more stuff but maybe I'll talk about it in another post :)
I hope you enjoyed!

~D

No comments:

Post a Comment