Is It Worth Taking a Step Back To Go Forward?

This question was on my mind for the duration of this past weekend.  As I start a new semester, I have been considering a lot of things.  My life is slowly falling into place and I wonder if it is time for me to make a decision that could radically affect my life in either a positive way or a negative way.  I have spoken to others about my thoughts and they always say, "Do what you think is best for you.".

Sighs in exhaustion, I'm not sure what is best.  I think that taking a hit in the short term will benefit me greatly in the long run but I'm not sure.  I read about people that take pay cuts to gain experience in their careers or people leaving their jobs to finish a degree.  People that leave everything they know to go to a far off land for a chance at a better life.  How did they know it was right?  What did they research?  Did they consult anyone?  Did they just have a confidence that I have yet to possess?

As a person with anxiety, I tend to over think and talk myself out of things.  I don't want to scare myself out of taking a risk that may be the best thing that could ever happen to me. Is the risk worth the reward?

~D

No comments:

Post a Comment